Sunday, January 1, 2012

A warm Spanish get-away...



We enjoyed our first Christmas in London. Mom and KC kindly made the journey over. I know it was just to see Caden and Keali, but it was still nice to see them.

I spent the first week of their visit in bed. I have literally not been so sick for so long as a grown up. Everyone is saying it was the flu, but I have a hard time believing that since I've never had it, and it was far worse than anyone has ever described. Almost 7 days in bed, and still almost 2 weeks later, still feeling like I may lose a lung at any moment. All in all though, I am recovering.

Sick or not, we had a great time. Mom, KC and Scott took the kids to their first play in London to see the Gruffalo. The only word to describe them is mesmerized. I am pleased they enjoyed the play, but secretly I am hoping they don't want me to take them to any! Scott loves the play, so they have that going for them!

Santa was busy and brought plenty of gifts for the family. The following day, we all loaded up and headed to the southern coast of Spain. We flew into Malaga, but stayed in Marbella. What a beautiful and sunny place it was. Everyday we went to the beach and watched the kiddos play in the sand and water, while we enjoyed cocktails. A true vacation in my mind! One day we ventured out and did an ecotour of the southern mountains of Spain. Absolutely amazing. I saw my first blooming almond tree. Not a nature enthusiast, I am still amazed at how pretty the white blooms were and how lovely it looked on the mountainside.

I think five days in Spain wasn't enough. We hope to return for a bit longer when it is even a bit warmer.

New Years Eve was great. Scott made chateaubriand. Delicious. The remainder was spent as probably most "old" people spend theirs... Every few minutes, someone asked if we really needed to stay up until midnight. I am happy to report we made it! 2012 is here and we are excited about the adventures it will bring.

I am so lucky with such a great family, great friends, and great adventure. I hope the black eyed peas Scott just whipped up continue our run of good luck. Furthermore, I hope all my friends and family have the same good luck! Bring on the next adventure!

A video of the Spain holiday:

No comments:

Post a Comment