Sunday, March 21, 2010

A painful adventure


Last week, I started the first of a minimum of two week workout that takes place every morning at 5:50am at Memorial Park. The leader of the "workout" is an ex-Navy Seal. Monday was the first day and approximately 40 other masochistic people showed up with me to begin an intense fitness routine. It was a difficult 1 hour 7 minutes, but it didn't seem that terrible. Tuesday, about 10 people fewer showed up, and those of us that did were visibly limping from the sore muscles. Little did we know what was in store for us on Tuesday. Too many squats, push-ups, and laps over the multi-million dollar bridge in Memorial to count, we all left physically broken.

Wednesday morning, with the crowd now getting much smaller, proved to be a difficult workout, but after Tuesday, we could clearly do anything! Of course we were all dreading Thursday (Tuesday and Thursday have the same instructor). About 10 minutes into it, I was trying to figure out how I was going to leave without being spotted. I am happy to say I couldn't figure out any good way to do it, so I pushed through the misery to complete the workout. Friday seemed much easier. It may have been due to the fact that was the first day I actually felt human again. With only a few excruciatingly sore muscles, as opposed to my entire body, I felt on top of the world! The other contributing factor was that I knew I had Saturday and Sunday off...

Of course the wonderful (?) workouts begin first thing again tomorrow morning. I am motivated to go only because I can actually see and feel the difference after only five days. I hope to continue this beyond one more week. However, life sort of gets in the way. Getting home at 7:07am doesn't allow much time to get dressed, lunches made, kids to school, and get to early morning cases. Maybe the adventure needs to include getting it all done before I leave at 5:30am, and then finding a place to get ready for work so as to be able to go directly to work from there. (I don't see it happening.)

No comments:

Post a Comment