Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Reality check

We have officially returned to reality. In no way would I want to deny or minimize we had some of the most amazing experiences while we were in Hawaii. We had the opportunity to bicycle down from the 10,000 foot Haleakala volcano, have dinner beach side at the Ritz, among other things. However, one thing that has been missing since we returned: gifts. Everyday we were surprised with a gift left in our hotel room, sometimes local art, sometimes clothing, sometimes complete random things (I had no idea what a puolos was until I received one!). The consistency was that there was always a gift and it was always nice. It may sound as if I am suffering from some kind of an entitlement syndrome, but you may be surprised how you yourself would respond to being completely spoiled like that! It is so easy to get used to that.

However as I write this, I am reminded of an incident that may disprove my complaint of not getting any gifts since we arrived back in Houston. It so happens that Caden (4 y/o) gave me a gift of unexpected proportions last night. Summoned upstairs by Keali (3 y/o), we found the gift: poop rubbed on the bathroom wall. Fortunately it wasn't much in quantity. Unfortunately, any quantity was more than I would have ever asked for. Truly disgusting.

This last story proves I should be careful what I ask for... Perhaps the law of unintended consequence is trying to tell me something...



1 comment:

  1. I can certainly attest that it was gross. Scott - Micha's husband

    ReplyDelete